Index to Local History Resources
About the Index
This Index to Local History Resources is an index of names, places, and topics from Cincinnati reference books and other resources. These resources are available at the Cincinnati History Library and Archives. (Some of the books may also be found at other libraries.)
As of September 1, 2009, this database contains 69,883 entries from 21 sources.
This database searches the following sources:
- Bicentennial Guide of Greater Cincinnati.
- Cincinnati: The Queen City (1982).
- Cincinnati: The Queen City (Bicentennial Edition).
- Cincinnati: The Queen City (3rd Edition).
- Cist, Charles. Sketches and Statistics of Cincinnati in 1851.
- Cist, Charles. Sketches and Statistics of Cincinnati in 1859.
- Dabney, Wendell Phillips. Cincinnati's Colored Citizens.
- Ford, Henry A. and Ford, Kate B. History of Hamilton County, Ohio.
- Goss, Charles F. Cincinnati: The Queen City, 1788-1912. Volumes 3 and 4.
- Greve, Charles Theodore. Centennial History of Cincinnati and Representative Citizens. Volume I.
- Hale, Harry. Cincinnati: Legend and Fact.
- Koch, Herbert F. Adventures in America: Radio Scripts on Cincinnati and Ohio History.
- Leading Manufactures and Merchants of Cincinnati and Environs.
- Leonard, Lewis Alexander. Greater Cincinnati and Its People.
- Maxwell, Sidney Denise. The Suburbs of Cincinnati.
- Morris, J. Wesley. Christ Church.
- Cincinnati Houses Designed by Walter L. Rapp and Standish Meacham, 1930-1942.
- Stevens, George E. City of Cincinnati.
- WPA Guide to Cincinnati. (1987)
- Your Home: What Does It Reflect?