About the Journals
The Digital Journals project is a full-text electronic database of seven journals published by Cincinnati Museum Center, the Cincinnati Historical Society and the Cincinnati Museum of Natural History.
Ohio Valley History, our current publication, is a collaboration of Cincinnati Museum Center, The Filson Historical Society of Louisville and the University of Cincinnati Department of History. Authors interested in submitting articles to OVH, the largest regional history quarterly in the country, should contact the editors, Robert Gioielli and Glenn Crothers. Please see the inside back cover of a recent issue for their contact information.
The seven journals are:
- Quarterly Publication of the Historical and Philosophical Society of Ohio (1906-1923)*
- Bulletin of the Historical and Philosophical Society of Ohio (1943-1963)*
- Cincinnati Historical Society Bulletin (1964-1982)*
- Queen City Heritage (1983-1999)*
- Ohio Valley History (2001-2006)**
- Cincinnati Quarterly Journal of Science (1874-1875)
- Journal of the Cincinnati Society of Natural History (1878-1945).
* Back issues of most of the history journals are available for purchase at a cost of $5 per issue (plus shipping and handling). E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if we have the issue(s) you want.
** Back issues of Ohio Valley History are $8 per issue.
The Digital Journals project was made possible by a grant from the Ridgeway Foundation. The project has been accomplished through the efforts of the CMC Collections and Library staffs, especially Anne Kling, Barbara Dawson, Ruby Rogers, and Bob Genheimer.
To view the PDF documents you will need Adobe Reader software. You can download the latest version of Adobe Reader free of charge from the Adobe website.
Get Adobe Reader.